The solution perfectly matches the ideal level of body salts, meaning essential salts are replenished quickly.
Hartmanns – a truly isotonic salt solution which is the most premium IV drip solution used in the United Kingdom. The total amount of electrolytes per litre are: sodium 131 mmol, potassium 5 mmol, chloride 112 mmol, calcium 2 mmol, bicarbonate (as lactate) 28 mmol. The osmolality is approximately 255mOsm/kg water. It is better than normal saline as it is not acidic like NaCl (pH 4) and it has a much lower load of sodium and chloride.
1. Plasma-Lyte – Our Classic IV drip contains a truly isotonic salt solution called Plasma-Lyte which is the most premium IV drip solution used in the United Kingdom. To our knowledge, no other IV drip companies in the United Kingdom use this solution.
Plasma-Lyte is truly isotonic with a pH of 7.4 which exactly matches your blood’s pH. It also contains exactly the right amount of the major electrolytes in your blood. Unlike normal saline, it contains Magnesium and Potassium.
2. Magnesium – Magnesium contributes to a reduction of tiredness, fatigue, and contributes to electrolyte balance. It also has many other benefits like normal functioning of the nervous system & muscle function and maintenance of normal bones.
3. Potassium – Potassium contributes to the normal functioning of the nervous system, muscle function, and maintenance of normal blood pressure.
4. Sodium Chloride – Sodium is an electrolyte that regulates the amount of water in your body. Sodium also plays a part in nerve impulses and muscle contractions. Sodium chloride is used to treat or prevent sodium loss caused by dehydration, excessive sweating, or other causes.
5. Calcium – Your body needs calcium to build and maintain strong bones. Your heart, muscles, and nerves also need calcium to function properly. Some studies suggest that calcium, along with vitamin D, may have benefits beyond bone health: perhaps protecting against cancer, diabetes, and high blood pressure.
6. Bicarbonate – Bicarbonate or Baking soda is a natural antacid, which means it can neutralize the stomach acids that cause aches and heartburn. It is also used for stomach ulcers, athletic performance, kidney damage, dental plaque, tooth discoloration, and many other conditions.
For rehydration which is isotonic in nature, there is no better solution.
B12 is an essential vitamin that you can become deficient in, particularly if you follow a restricted or special diet, if you’re pregnant or breastfeeding, if you suffer from certain health conditions or if you are over a certain age. Heavy smokers and drinkers can also have low levels of B12.
*Be Superhuman IV Drips are powered by Effect Doctors. Effect Doctors reserve the right to change the ingredients, prices and products of all our services on a daily basis. The products, ingredients and prices are subject to change at the discretion of Effect Doctors up until payment for your Drip or Booster.